Thursday 26 November 2009

Environmental issues & creating an e-card

A project that I am doing for one of my modules this term requires me to create an e-card. ........A what?? Some of you may ask.........yes an ecard......you know one of those cards that maybe you sometimes receive via an email and you pretty much just press delete straight away. Anyway, I have decided to look at environmental issues within the office workplace. In terms of the specific target audience for the e-card the receivers will be the actual workers within an office........ in other words people working in the office environment. As for the people who I intend targeting to want to send my e-card, they will be those responsible for environmental issues within the office workplace. So in other words people who look at making the office environment more environmentally friendly.

I came up with the idea of having an animation of a bin alongside an image of the world and a thermometer next to it. The audience would be able to fill up the bin by clicking on the FILL button and as the bin became fuller, it appeared more distressed and so too did the world. The temperature of the world on the thermometer would also gradually increase the more full the bin became with paper. Here are a few images of the bin character I have created. As you can the bin is very happy that is empty and so paper is not being wasting but infact recycled.





As the bin starts to fill up, he becomes more distressed because it is obviously harmful to the environment.



A little bit more paper........ and you see he starts to get hot under the collar..........he is not a happy bin at all!



Again a bit more paper...........the bin is nearly in tears.



And full to the brim.........the bin is thinking is it too late to save the environment now.

My idea needs to be more target audience specific.........the cartoon image of the bin targets a younger more teenager specific audience rather than older say twenty years and over office workers. I thought I would share my cartoon bin with you on my blog because I think he's quite cute. What do you reckon?

No comments:

Post a Comment