Wednesday 25 November 2009

Leeds Bin Collection Crisis = OVER!!



After about two months of living in our lovely new house in Headingly, the bin strike, which has been ongoing since we arrived mid September has finally come to an end!!!! This Monday, it was officially declared overrrrr.......well....we shall see tomorrow if they actually come and take the rubbish that has been invading the end of our terrace. There have been times where I have walked to uni and either had to walk on the road just to avoid the bins or actually nearly heaved as I have passed the stench of ......the disgusting bins.....EWWW!

As you can see from the photo I took above it isn't a pretty sight. But to be fair, I don't really think this photo does justice the state that the streets got into. It wasn't just the fact that there was so much rubbish, it was the fact that rubbish became strewn across the roads obviously having been routed in probably by foxes or whatever/whoever else likes to route in bins.

In a way I feel that maybe it has become slightly the norm....and only slightly......to see this rubbish everywhere, considering that since I moved into the house the streets have been suffering like this. But I can safely say that I won't miss it at all. Let's just hope that after this little blog the bin men DO come tomorrow (touch wood) and I'm not going to have to tell you that it was infact a lie that it was over. Imagine if the bin strike never ended?! ......Imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment