Tuesday 12 October 2010

Left vs Right



I found this work by David McCandless and Stefanie Posavec on the website Information is Beautiful. This piece of information graphics I think is highly visual. I was captured by the combination of image and text as well as the comparison between left and right. I do think there is a lot of information to take onboard here. However, I think that the layout and symmetry within the piece makes it aesthetically pleasing. I think the use of colour fits well the subject matter. As it is explaining the beliefs of each of the parties Labour and Conservative, red and blue respectively, this adds to the understanding for the audience rather than confusing them.

This piece could have been made less complicated by simply reducing the amount of text within it. However, maybe the audience would not have gained as full an understanding of the differences between the two parties. I think that the inclusion of arrows within the information helps with the reading of the text so the audience can see where to read next.

No comments:

Post a Comment