Tuesday 26 October 2010

My Route to University

I have designed my route to university without including any road names on the map. To show the way that I go to uni from my house each day, I have drawn the basic linear shape that I take by foot. This forms the basis of the route. There are also arrows on this line to show direction.

I have then incorporated various landmarks that particularly stick out for me on the journey. I have drawn the landmarks and positioned them along the route. I have shown the co-op, the school and the cup cake shop that I pass (Completely Wonderful), as well as different road signs such as the stop sign and also traffic lights. I have included the mosque because this is quite a major landmark in the Hyde Park area, which is identifiable and unique and I also see this on my walk in to university.

I have incorporated colour into the design of each of the landmarks to create an aesthetically pleasing map. I also think that the colour makes the information easier to understand for the audience trying to work out my route. I have included a key of this, which again brings about clarity and ease of understanding for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment