Tuesday 22 February 2011

Life Map CV

Here is an information graphic that I found by designer Ritwik Dey. He decided to make his life look beautiful by visualizing his CV. Firstly I think that it was a very interesting way of designing a CV because particularly in the design world you have to stand out and show you are a designer and a CV is one of those ways of showing that.

I think the colour use really separates the information. It seems that the warmer colours on the top half of the age line contains more important information compared to the colder blue colours, which appear to show more general information. For example the passing away of his father is not really something that you would ever consider putting on a CV but then again he has also called it his ‘Life Map’ and so is obviously an important moment in his life. I also found it confusing that the top half of the diagram was labeled non academic and the bottom half academic. For me, it would appear that the information being shown within the colours is the other way around.

I do feel however, that the idea of creating a document as important as a CV, whereby potential employers get an incite into your creativity, as an information graphic as a very clever idea. One, that I think would definitely make you stand out, so long as it made sense and did not confuse the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment