Tuesday 22 February 2011

My Initial Pictograms for Project

Here is my initial set of pictograms for each of the subjects in question, Chemistry, Spanish, Design, Maths, History, Japanese, English and Engineering. As a set I think that they need to become more unified. After the first crit, it was seen that perhaps the use of the black, such as in the fan representing Spanish could act as a basis for part of the design which is apparent in each of the pictograms. I am going to see whether I can come up with a set of designs that fits this, thus making them appear more unified and part of a set all from the University of Leeds, as this is an important component for the designs.

It was apparent that the subjects were easily identifiable from the initial designs that I had produced. However, the importance of consistency came up with the fact that most of my pictograms are represented by one image, such as the book for English and the flag for Japanese. However, for Design and Spanish, perhaps the fact that I have used two objects this needed to be re addressed in order to tackle the problem and create the consistency within the set. The pictogram, which I created for history also needs re thinking because of the way I had included the years on the time line. Text should not be appearing and also the time line doesn't fit in with the other subjects being represented by single objects or representations.

More design also needs to arise because these initial ones I have done are quite basic but on a positive note they are communicating each of the subjects effectively. So adding and re working some of them is required and perhaps a little more thinking in terms of the design of others such as History and Design is also needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment